The informatics and telecommunications centres take care of the following activities:
• management of shared informatic, telematic and multimedia services according to quality and performance standards established in the local service charter and in the protocols of interaction between the different areas;
• management of human, economic and technical resources and of the computer systems assigned (for instance: staff, yearly budget of the office, systems of the engine room, classes and labs, local network);
• management and monitoring of the access to the services, such as applications of the information system, emails, advanced calculus and filing services, printing, web, supplying and installation of shared software etc.. in the view of an integrated security;
• accountancy of the costs of the services and their reallocation according to the real needs;
• analysis of local needs and preparation of specific plans and funding projects;
• assistance and support for local users to improve the University’s ICT services in didactic, research and service activities, according to the local service charters, University charters and interaction protocols;
• collaboration and support to those responsible for the Area for the achievement of general aims assigned and assistance to the person in charge, in carrying out his/her duties.