The undergraduate degree program in Workplace Accident Prevention techniques (class L/SNT4) is an inter-university course offered jointly by the University of Trento and the University of Verona, in collaboration with the Provincial Health Authority of the Autonomous Province of Trento.
The course has a limited number of places (14 places for the 2017-2018 academic year).
Attendence is mandatory for at least 75% of classes and 100% of the internship activities, as included each year.
Lessons will take place at the Polo Universitario delle Professioni Sanitarie (Health Professions University Campus) in via Briamasco, 2, Trento and to a lesser degree in Rovereto..
Who is a Workplace Accident Prevention Technician?
He/She is a healthcare professional whose work profile is defined by D.M. n. 58/1997. He/She promotes and safeguards public health and carries out all activities of prevention; checks and controls on hygiene and workplace safety; food and drink hygiene; public veterinary health and hygiene; and environmental hygiene and protection.
What does a Workplace Accident Prevention Technician do?
- Autonomously and responsibly manage the prevention, checks and controls on the quality of living and work spaces;
- Define the intervention priorities based on health and safety needs, organizational needs as well as the best usage of available resources;
- Project, realize and supply--in collaboration with other professionals--informative and educational activities for both individuals and groups about prevention and risk factor control;
- Manage prevention and control checks to assure the safety and salubrity of food and drinks from the production to consumption phase.
- Identify, analyse and evaluate the risk factors for health and safety (systems and equipment; physical, chemical, and biological agents; psychological, social, organizational and ergonomic factors) and identify the most efficacious and appropriate prevention measures and techniques for these problems;
- Manage the instructional activities aimed at the issuance of authorizations as well as health and safety clearance;
- Interpret and manage the controls for the enforcement of the laws and regulations for health and safety prevention.
Where does a Workplace Accident Prevention Technician work?
Graduates in Workplace Accident Prevention Techniques work for the National Public Health System; in prevention and protection services of public structures and private companies; in the environmental sector of Regional and Provincial agencies for Occupational Health and Safety; in private companies as health and safety manager or consultant for food safety, workplace and occupational safety; or as a freelance consultant.
In order to be admitted to the course, it is necessary to pass an admissions exam (multiple choice test) and obtain a sufficient score for the ranking. The admissions exam for the 2017-2018 academic year will be on September 13th.
Information and deadlines for registering for the exam are publishing on the University of Verona webpage (see links).
Polo Universitario Professioni Sanitarie di Rovereto (Health Professions University Campus of Rovereto)
Course Program Office
segreteriaclrov [at] apss.tn.it
UniVr Student Office
ph. 045 8027229
UniVr Admissions Office
ph. 045 802 8260