We welcome BA and MA students who are interested in writing their final dissertation on our topics of interest.
At Biotech you have the opportunity to research:
- New Bioink formulations for bioprinting technology
- Multicomponent 3D printed cell-free scaffolds for Tissue Engineering
- Bioprinting strategies towards tissue-on-a-chip
- Edible scaffolds for sustainable in-vitro food production
- Bioprinting strategies for in vitro models as drug-testing devices
- Engineered scaffolds for cornea, bone/cartilage, Intervertebral disk
- Microfabricated microfluidic systems for high throughput drug testing
- Advanced (low density) cell encapsulation technologies: fabrication and characterization of microsphere/microwires
- Materials and fabrication methods for controlled, delayed or triggered drug release
- Emerging materials and technologies supporting organoid/spheroid formation
We also offer you the opportunity to conduct part of your thesis work in one of our partner universities in Europe. If you are interested in doing your thesis research with us, you can contact us at: biotech.dii [at] unitn.it
‘Alternanza Scuola-Lavoro’ (‘Dual learning’)
Biotech participates in the Dual Learning program launched by the 2015 reform of the Italian Education system by hosting high-school students for short traineeship periods.
After following a Safety and Security training, Dual Learning students can participate in hands-on lab activities, tutored by the PhD students and researchers of Biotech. This represents a great opportunity to view first hand how lab research is carried out and to learn to use some of our equipment.
This opportunity at Biotech is most suitable for students interested in biology, chemistry and science in general.