To be eligible to apply to the International Doctoral Programme in Biomolecular Sciences candidate must possess the following entry requirements:
-a five year study University degree such as Italian laurea MAGISTRALE or EQUIVALENT DEGREE qualification obtained abroad which allows to enrol in doctoral programmes.
Applicants who have a foreign qualification that has not been officially recognized as equivalent to an Italian degree must submit a request for equivalence in their application. In this case, it is necessary to attach the following documents:
- the degree certificate complete with examinations taken and corresponding grades and credits (transcripts). EU citizens may do so by providing a self-declaration, according to Article 46 of the Presidential Decree No. 445 of 28.12.2000 and subsequent amendments;
- the English translation of the degree certificate, if in a different language, with examinations taken and the corresponding marks and credits, signed under the applicant’s own responsibility. The purpose of the English translation is solely that of allowing the Doctoral Programme Committee to evaluate the applicant’s eligibility for the selection process;
- any other documentation considered useful for evaluating the eligibility of the degree provided, in order to participate in the selection process (i.e. Diploma Supplement or Dichiarazione di Valore in Loco).
Applications are also accepted from candidates who expect to complete their degree by the date indicated in the call. These students will also need to submit, within their application:
- a certificate of enrolment with examinations taken and grades and credits obtained (EU citizens may present a self-declaration of the certification according to Article 46 of the Presidential Decree No. 445 of 28.12.2000 and subsequent amendments).
In such cases admission to selection is “conditional” and applicants must submit the degree certificate to the Doctorate Office- Polo Collina (email: phd.office-st [at] unitn.it) by the deadline indicated in the call, on penalty of exclusion. (EU citizens may present a self-declaration of the possession of the degree according to Article 46 of the Presidential Decree No. 445 of 28.12.2000 and subsequent amendments)
IMPORTANT: after the admission to the Doctorate, successful applicants who do not have an Italian academic degree must provide by no later than the date indicated in the call:
- The “Dichiarazione di Valore in Loco” (DV) along with their degree certificate with examinations taken and grades obtained, translated and authenticated by an Italian consulate, embassy or diplomatic representative in the country where the degree was issued. The DV must state that the degree is valid in the country where it was issued and enables the candidate to enrol in an academic course equivalent to a Doctoral Programme;
- Or, if the above mentioned Dichiarazione di Valore is not ready within the deadline, a document proving that the request of release has already been submitted to the diplomatic representative; in such case the candidate must submit the DV at the earliest convenience;
- Or, alternatively to the Dichiarazione di Valore, the Diploma Supplement in English, according to the model developed by the European Commission, by the European Council and by the UNESCO/CEPES.
The selection is based on:
- evaluation of titles and qualifications;
- interview (face-to-face or via Skype )
The shortlist of the successful candidates admitted to the oral exam is published on this website around 20 days after the call deadline. Date and place of the oral interview are published 20 days in advance.
Candidates who have a permanent residence abroad, or candidates who are not able to have the interview face-to-face may take the oral examination by videoconference.
In the case of admission to the oral examination, the candidate must send an e-mail to phd.bioscie@unitn within 5 days from the date of the publication of the the outcome of the assessment of qualification specifying the address of any University Institute/department, embassy or any Italian Culture Institute (Istituto di Cultura Italiana) where the interview will take place together with the name of an officer who can identify him/her before the interview.
The call for admission 2018 (cycle 34th) will be released at http://www.unitn.it/en/ateneo/1961/announcement-of-selection.
Applying for the Doctoral programme requires an online application process, and involves two stages:
1) Registering on the University’s website at http://www.unitn.it/en/account by entering the information requested. If the registration has been correctly submitted, within a maximum of 2 working days the applicant will receive a username and password by email, which will be required in order to use the University's online services;
2) Filling out the application, complete with the requested attachments in electronic format, available at http://www.unitn.it/en/apply/dott (select the PhD in Biomolecular Sciences).
Before appyling, please read carefully the announcement of selection available in the download box.
Further info about the past calls are downloadable in the box