From the University Regulations for Doctoral Schools
Art. 25 – Doctoral students' rights and duties
- Students enrolled in the Doctoral School must attend the courses, seminars, lessons and teaching units to carry out research and study activities on a full time basis and must also submit a report on the research carried out, to the Doctoral School Committee at the end of each year.
- Specific rights and duties of Doctoral students can be found in the Regulations of the Doctoral School as written in Art. 8 paragraph 3 of these Regulations.
- The Doctoral School Committee may decide to exclude students from the Doctoral School with the resulting forfeiture of the scholarship in the following cases:
a) negative opinion given by the Doctoral School Committee regarding admittance to the following year; in this case, the Doctoral School Committee will verify the achievement of the results required for the current year as well as the student's commitment to the research activity carried out;
b) the student accepts open-ended employment contracts or is employed for short term employment contracts or rendered professional services without the Doctoral school committee's authorisation;
c) unexcused and extended absences. The Doctoral School Committee, according to the specific hypotheses expressed in the Regulations of the Doctoral School to which the announcement of selection refers, can also decide to exclude a Doctoral student with the consequent immediate scholarship forfeiture.
- Doctoral students have the right to maternity leave, military service leave or to leave for serious and substantiated illness.
- Absence due to reasons other than the ones listed in paragraph 4 of this Article must be expressly authorized by the Doctoral School Committee.
- The Doctoral School Committee can then decide whether to readmit the student in the year in progress or readmit the student to the following year. Students readmitted in the year in progress will be awarded a scholarship, minus the amount already paid during the year in which the student was absent.
- If the Doctoral student fails to attend the Doctorate for over thirty days or if the student is excluded from the Doctoral School, scholarship payment will be suspended.
From the Handbook of Studies:
Students must carefully read the University Regulations for Doctoral School, the Executive Regulations of the Doctoral School in Environmental Engineering, and the present Handbook. For updated information they must ask the Secretariat.
Students are responsible of keeping their Portfolio up to date and must respect the deadlines fixed by the School.
Relationships between students, and between students and professors and the administrative and technical staff, must be oriented by reciprocal respect and politeness.
Furthermore, the School will not tolerate behaviours which show racism, sexual and religious discrimination, and disrespect towards the individual rights of other persons.
The School adopts the university regulations against sexual harassment.