In accordance with art. 15 of the University Regulations for Doctoral Schools, the Executive Committee of the Doctoral School in Environmental Engineering was set up in order to streamline management, on April 20, 2010, upon unanimous decision of the Doctoral School Committee.
Main duties include:
- eligibility of a foreign degree for admission to the intended doctoral programme
- approval of student participation in training periods, work placements or research organized at Italian and foreign institutions (public or private) if the period is to exceed 6 months
- approval of the individual syllabus
- validation of educational credits
- admissions staff and examiners
- internal supervisor
- members of the Doctoral studies panel
- Manifesto and Handbook of studies
- Interim Assessment Report (for admission to third year of the programme)
- evaluation of the interim reports (progress report, April, second year; introduction and contents of the thesis, May, third year), taking into account feedback from the supervisor(s)
- at the end of the programme, to provide an assessment on each student's work for the Final Examination Committee
Furthermore, the Executive Committee may assist the Head of the School in accomplishing his institutional tasks (see art. 14 of the Executive Regulations of the School).