Lecturer: prof. Rosa Di Maggio
4 - 5 February 2019 (9:00-13:00 / 14:00-18:00) - room 1D
Syllabus: The aim of the course is to introduce the basic techniques of thermal analysis. Their application is illustrated by means of practical examples referred to different materials.
Part 1 (2 credits) 16 hours
Introduction to thermal analysis
- Evaluation of thermal stability of materials
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Differential Thermal Analysis (DTA)
- Termogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
- Dynamic Mechanical Thermal Analysis (DMTA) and Dilatometry (DIL)
Final evaluation: for each module the student must pass a final written test.
Part 2 (+ 2 credits) OPTIONAL
Laboratory activity (Di Maggio R., Dr. F. Girardi, 15 hours)
• Student will be asked to propose to one of the teachers an individual laboratory activity, possibly related to its PhD research program.
Registration: in order to access the course, please send an e-mail to dicamphd [at] unitn.it