Field sampling and Spatial Ecological Modelling
Lecturers: prof. Marco Ciolli; dr. Clara Tattoni
Timetable: 25 May - 05 June 2020 >>
|Monday 25||8:30 - 12:30 / 13:30 - 17:30|
|Friday 29||8:30 - 12:30 / 13:30 - 17:30|
|Wednesday 3||8:30 - 12:30 / 13:30 - 17:30|
|Thursday 4||8:30 - 12:30 / 13:30 - 17:30|
|Friday 5||8:30 - 12:30 / 13:30 - 17:30|
Duration: 40 hours (5 credits)
- Introduction to the topics and main ecological general concepts.
- Basis of Field Vegetation sampling and forest parameters measurement.
- Vegetation Analysis. Vegetation cartography. Basis of remote sensing for vegetation.
- Past Forest landscape change detection
- Production of Markov Chain scenarios future/past
- Basis of Field wildlife surveys.
- Spatial Species distribution modelling, theory of the different models.
- Overview of various modelling techniques. Comparison of different techniques, pros and cons.
- Home ranges. Alien species modelling and study cases. Interpretation of Model results and validation.
- GIS Practice on sample data
Registration: in order to access the course, please send an e-mail to dicamphd [at] unitn.it