Field sampling and Spatial Ecological Modelling
Lecturers: prof. Marco Ciolli, prof. Duccio Rocchini; dr. Clara Tattoni
Timetable: June 2019
Duration: 40 hours (5 credits)
- Introduction to the topics and main ecological general concepts.
- Basis of Field Vegetation sampling and forest parameters measurement.
- Vegetation Analysis. Vegetation cartography. Basis of remote sensing for vegetation.
- Past Forest landscape change detection
- Production of Markov Chain scenarios future/past
- Basis of Field wildlife surveys.
- Spatial Species distribution modelling, theory of the different models.
- Overview of various modelling techniques. Comparison of different techniques, pros and cons.
- Home ranges. Alien species modelling and study cases. Interpretation of Model results and validation.
- GIS Practice on sample data
Registration: in order to access the course, please send an e-mail to dicamphd [at] unitn.it