Environmental data management and analysis with GIS
Lecturers: prof. Paolo Zatelli (UNITN/DICAM); prof. Alfonso Vitti (UNITN/DICAM); prof. Marco Ciolli (UNITN/DICAM)
Timetable: from 6 to 10 March 2023, detailed timetable will be posted as soon as available
The course will be offered in a blended format: in presence and online.
- Introduction to GIS and numerical cartography.
- GIS theory, tools and data.
- Cartographic projections, reference systems and their transformations.
- GRASS GIS: features, logical structure and usage.
- GRASS GIS: projects, data I/O. Tutorial.
- Thematic maps.
- Geoprocessing, network analysis.
- Overview of GIS applications - WebGIS.
- GIS and geostatistics. Digital geographic data sources.
- Spatial databases, theory, tools and data.
- GRASS Tutorial.
- Image analysis for environmental applications.
- Tutorial on environmental GIS applications
Tutorials: Tutorials and exercises are integrated in the lectures.
Duration: 40 hours (5 credits)
Registration: in order to access the course, please send an email to dicamphd [at] unitn.it