The Training Programme, issued every year by the Doctoral Programme Committee, contains all the information relevant for the School.
The complete educational curriculum of each student includes:
- Advanced courses of general Physics
- Specialised courses on current research
- Research activity under the supervision of the tutor appointed by the Doctoral School Committee
- Attendance at research seminars organized by the Department of Physics on various subjects.
Besides this the doctoral student is encouraged to:
- attend Summer Schools, meetings and conferences held in Italy or abroad on subjects relevant for the research activity
- carry out internships at national or international institutions.
Courses a.y. 2021-22
The following courses are organized by the Doctoral Programme in Physics for the academic year 2021-22.
- Bell nonlocality, from foundations to applications (V. Scarani)
- Advanced Interferometry (A. Perreca)
- Advanced Techniques in Experimental Physics (G. Baldi, Brusa R.)
- An introduction to quantum-information thermodynamics (M. Lostaglio)
- Entanglement in many-body systems: from concepts to algorithms (M. Rizzi)
- Gaussian States and -quantum Machine Learning (C. Conti)
- Multisccale modeling from the atom to the cell (M. Calandra, F. Pederiva, R. Potestio)
- Optical and Spectroscopic Diagnostic of Materials for Photonics (A. Chiasera)
- Quantum Sensing (A. Quaranta)
- Radiation Chemistry (D. Ascenzi, E. Scifoni)
- Selected topics in geometry and topology (P. Ghiggini)
- Space-based Observation Techniques and Methods (R. Battiston, L. Bruzzone, S. Vitale)
- ECT* Doctoral training programme 2022 (6 crediti)
- SISSA (courses to be defined) (3-6 crediti)
- TALENT (u to 6 credits)
- ISAPP (https://www.isapp-schools.org)