The Training Programme, issued every year by the Doctoral Programme Committee, contains all the information about the training activities of the PhD Programme.
Each PhD student has to acquire a minimun of 12 credits must usually within the first year, with extension to the first semester of the second year only for courses and activities held in that period and for a maximum of 6 credits. Any exceptions must be approved in advance by the supervisor and the Doctoral school committee, following a motivated request from the PhD student.
The rules to achieve the minimum number of 12 credits are the following:
- mandatory course “Scientific speaking and storytelling”
- at least one course among the characterizing ones
- advanced courses for research training offered by the Doctoral Programme in Physics, or by other doctoral Programmes in related subjects;
- a maximum of 6 credits for the attendance to national or international winter and summer schools, conferences and seminars (also abroad) on topics related to their own research activity,
- a maximum of 3 credits in additional soft skills courses among those offered by the University, or courses or schools of soft skills organized from other PhD Programmes; national or international winter and summer schools, conferences and seminars (also abroad) for the acquisition of soft skills
- a maximum of 3 credits in the following training activities:
- research internship in external national or international laboratories.
- Internship in a company.
- Participation in IPSP (Industrial Problem Solving Physics).
Other mandatory activities are:
- Participation in seminars organized by their own research group;
- Participation in at least 70% of the Dialogues and Colloquia (Joint Colloquia) organized by the Department of Physics, also concerning topics other than those of the PhD student's research.
- Attendance to the Physics PhD workshop
In the download box will be published the Training Programme, Syllabus and Schedule of the courses.
For the PhD students of Cycle 37° there are different rules for the registration of the 12 credits; therefore they should refer to the Manifesto degli studi a.a. 2021-2022.