The Training Programme, issued every year by the Doctoral Programme Committee, contains all the information relevant for the School.
The complete educational curriculum of each student includes:
- Advanced courses of general Physics
- Specialised courses on current research
- Research activity under the supervision of the tutor appointed by the Doctoral School Committee
- Attendance at research seminars organized by the Department of Physics on various subjects.
Besides this the doctoral student is encouraged to:
- attend Summer Schools, meetings and conferences held in Italy or abroad on subjects relevant for the research activity
- carry out internships at national or international institutions.
Courses a.y. 2020-21
The following courses are organized by the Doctoral Programme in Physics for the academic year 2020-21.
- Advanced Techniques in Experimental Physics (G. Baldi)
- Optical and Spectroscopic Diagnostic of Materials for Photonics (A. Chiasera)
- Integrated classical and quantum Photonics (L. Pavesi)
- Fundamental Interactions (R. Iuppa and G. A. Prodi) - part of the LM course
- Advanced Interferometry (A. Perreca)
- Quantum Sensing (A. Quaranta)
- Space-based Observation Techniques and Methods (R. Battiston, L. Bruzzone, S. Vitale)
- Entanglement in many-body systems: from concepts to algorithms (M. Rizzi)
- The geometry of quantum algorithms (F. Holweck)
- ECT* Doctoral training programme 2021 (up to 6 credits)
- SISSA (courses to be defined) (3-6 credits)
- TALENT (up to 6 credits)