End of year evaluation
Admission to the second year is on approval of the Doctoral Course Committee and is based on the evaluation given by an ad hoc commission. The evaluation takes into consideration the following factors:
- assessment of the research Report based on the description of the research project, the activities undertaken and on an in-depth interview with the PhD student, usually held in September;
- regular attendance and successful completion of courses;
- any conference/workshop presentation and publications;
- participation in training activities not included in the Study Program;
- completion of all first-year doctorate programme requirements.
- admission to the second year;
- admission under condition;
- non-admission to the second year.
The admission to the third year is approved by the Doctoral Course Committee based on the assessment of a Board composed by three member of the Doctoral Course Committee. The assessment of the Board is based on the following requisites:
- have regularly attended and passed the Doctoral Course second year activities stated in the Manifesto of Studies;
- assessment of the progress of the research project based on the its presentation at the PhD Open Day and on a subsequent interview with the PhD student, in which strengths and weaknesses of the research project will be discussed. In the interview three will also be a discussion on the action plan, with relative timing, to be conducted in the third year and any expected products/results. These actions may concern the research activity in the strict sense, but also other activities that respond to the educational objectives of the doctorate;
- number and quality of publications, carrying out of presentations at Conferences or Workshops;
- carrying out of activities not planned in the Study Program;
- assessment form drawn up by the tutor on the achievement of the learning objectives.
- admission to the third year;
- admission to the third year under condition;
- non-admission to the third year.