Each Programme has a duration of three or four years and offers a total of 180 credit points. Teaching and training are primarily scheduled in the first year to allow students to concentrate on their own research afterwards. Teaching starts in October and ends in June.
Currently the School offers four Doctoral Programmes.
- Doctoral Programme in Economics and Management
- Doctoral Programme in Development Economics and Local Systems (available until a.y. 2019/20)
- Doctoral Programme in Local Development and Global Dynamics (available until a.y. 2013/2014)
- Doctoral Programme Sociology and Social Research
- Doctoral Programme in Sustainability: Economics, Environment, Management and Society (SUSTEEMS)
The Doctoral School organises a series of courses (Tools) in some shared areas. The following table summarises the common tools offered by the school.
Common Courses (Tools)
- Statistical Packages for Social and Economic Research (STATA)
- Dissertation Writing Workshop, Academic Skills, Advanced Writing
- Academic Writing Support (for second year SSS Students)