How expensive is life in Trento?
Here you find some information on the average budget you need to calculate to study, live and enjoy in Trento.
The amount of university fees depends on the economic situation of the student’s family. More on the website University fees.
Students can access merit-based grants.
Flats provided by the Opera Universitaria
The available places are assigned according to a shortlist. The monthly rent fees are:
- € 180 for a place in a double room - € 220 for a place in a single room: only for students who apply to the University Guild.
- € 250 for a place in a double room - € 290 for a place in a single room: for students participating in bilateral and special projects and for students who do not meet the economic and/or merit criteria established by the call, for foreign PhD students, trainees, grant winners
- € 305 for a place in a double room - € 345 for a place in a single room: for post-doc and researchers.
A deposit of € 250 is required.
- A place in a double room in a private house: starting from € 250 + € 150/month for commodities.
- A small flat for 1-2 people: starting from € 500 + € 250/month for commodities. The real estate agents require to pay an amount corresponding to one month rental; the owner requires up to three months rental as a deposit.
- Meal in university restaurants: € 2.90 for a snack meal; € 4.20 for a small meal; € 4.70 for a full meal.
- BW A4 photocopies: € 0.025 in self-service, with a pre-paid card; € 0.05 copied by the office.
- Meal in a restaurant or pizzeria: € 15 to 30.
- Local transport: € 1.20 per bus ticket; € 1.10 with pre-paid card. Local transport monthly card: € 26/month; € 251/year.
- € 1.10 for a coffee; € 1.20 for a brioche; € 4 for a sandwich; € 2.5 for a small beer; € 3.5 for a drink.
- Ticket for a movie: € 8.50; prepaid card for 10 entries: € 50-55.
- Ticket for museum: € 4 to 8.
- Ticket for theatre/concert: € 15 to 40.
- Gym: € 60 to 100/month.
- Day ticket for skiing: € 35-50.
- Swimming pool: € 5.
- Rent a bike of the University Guild: € 60 depost + € 5/month.
- Annual fee for UniTrento Sport € 20, to access courses, fitness programmes, discounts in gyms, swimming pools and tennis courts. Access to the multi-sport centre in Mattarello and the nautical centre Augsburgerhof.