The University of Trento fosters technical-scientific results transfer and valorisation to market and society.
The Research Support and Knowledge Transfer Division provides advice and services to researchers in each step of the valorization process:
- analysis of research results commercial potential and IPR instruments of protection: patents, copyrights (software) or trade secret;
- business plan development for the creation of start up/research start up, University involvement/participation and working spaces request;
- management of applied research project results and consortium agreement negotiation in Horizon 2020;
- analysis of collaborative research contracts and non-disclosure agreements and negotiations of patent license agreements with industry;
- fostering an entrepreneurial and IPR mindset among researchers , phd and students aiming at promoting the creation of new enterprises, also by mean of training initiatives such as Crash Course on research funding, intellectual property and enterprise creation.