The patent commission is responsible for the decisions on the management of the University’s patents portfolio and for the definition of policies on industrial property protection.
- decides, on behalf of the University, on patent filing applications,
- decides on agreements concerning the assignment of a patent, even if the patent is still pending,
- decides on the extension of a patent,
- decides on the maintenance of patents,
- submits opinions on the legal instruments aimed at the economic exploitation of patents,
- drafts criteria, guidelines and procedures on the protection and valorisation of industrial property,
- promotes fundraising initiatives,
- decides on proposed changes to the forms in use.
Members for the 2018-2021 term
- Flavio Deflorian (President) - Rector's delegate for industry relations
- Roberta Cuel - Department of Economics and Management
- Simonetta Vezzoso - Department of Economics and Management
- Giuseppe Riccardi - Department of Information engineering and computer science
- Roberto Sennen Brusa - Department of Physics