Doctorates are the highest qualifications awarded by the Italian university system.
They provide doctoral students with the skills and knowledge they need to conduct high level research in public and private organizations or develop a professional career, while contributing to the creation of the European area of higher education and of the European research area.
Doctoral programmes are open to students with a Master’s degree (in Italian, "laurea magistrale, specialistica o vecchio ordinamento") or an equivalent foreign degree.
Doctoral programmes for a.y. 2022-2023 (cycle 38) at the University of Trento are listed below.
Science and Technology
|Physics||call open||June 3rd, 2022|
|Information Engineering and Computer Science||
first call: closed
May 16th, 2022
|Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering||not available||to be defined|
|Industrial Innovation||not available||to be defined|
|Mathematics||call open||June 6th, 2022|
|Materials, Mechatronics and Systems Engineering||not available||to be defined|
|Agrifood and Environmental Sciences||not available||to be defined|
June 23, 2022
|European Cultures. Environment, Contexts, Histories, Arts, Ideas||call open||May 19th, 2022|
|Economics and Management||call open||May 26th, 2022|
June 15th, 2022
|Sociology and Social Research||call open||May 26th, 2022|
|Comparative and European legal studies||not available||to be defined|
|International studies||call closed||May 5th, 2022|
|Sustainability: Economics, Environment, Management and Society (SUSTEEMS)||call open||May 26th, 2022|
|Cognitive and Brain Sciences||call open||May 31, 2022|
|Cognitive Science||not available||to be defined|
The following PhD programmes will be discontinued after already enrolled students have graduated:
- International Research Doctoral Course “Forms of cultural exchange” - last intake academic year 2021/2022
- Development Economics and Local Systems - DELoS - last intake academic year 2019/2020
- Forms of the text - last intake academic year 2018/2019
National Doctoral Programmes:
The University of Trento participates to the:
- National PhD programme in Sustainable Development and Climate Change, which has its administrative seat at the Istituto Universitario di Studi Superiori di Pavia
- National PhD programme in Artificial Intelligence, Society Area, coordinated by CNR and Università degli Studi di Pisa.
National operational programme (NOP) on research and innovation 2014-2020
New opportunities to enroll in a PhD course in close contact with industries: 24 grants for innovation and green topics.
The call is available at https://www.unitn.it/en/