How to enrol in the Phd Programmes - First Year
Enrolment in the PhD Programme must be done after the shortlist’s release and within the deadline specified in the call for admission.
Successful applicants who do not complete their enrolment by the deadline will be automatically considered as withdrawn.
Successful candidates must submit their enrolment by the online procedure following these steps:
- go to www.unitn.it/en/apply/imdott and login using your username and password (the same as the first registration);
- fill in and save all the fields of the application online, including a section about fiscal and social security data;
- upload the requested attachments in electronic format:
- copy of valid ID document (Italian identity card or passport)
- Receipt of TDS payment (Education Tax) and stamp duty (the upload of the receipt is mandatory only for payments made by bank transfer). If payments are made by online bank transfer, you have to upload the ACCEPTED TRANSFER receipt (usually downloadable from the payments archive of your inbanking only from the day following the one of the order): the order of the payment is not enough.
More information is available in box “Useful links"/“Education Tax (TDS) and stamp duty”.
- Matriculation application (pdf file generated by the system, to be printed out, dated, signed and uploaded)
Winners who do not intend to accept the position and enrol are kindly asked to communicate their decision as soon as possible filling in the “Declaration of PhD resignation” available in the box Download and sending it as attachment to an email to the proper Office of Doctoral Studies (see contacts below).
Other fulfillments after the enrolment
INPS registration for applicants with scholarships
Successful applicants awarded a scholarship have to register to “Gestione Separata INPS (see box “Useful links”/PhD students receiving doctoral scholarships duties).
Stay permit request
Information about the stay permit for international students is availbale in box “Useful links"/“Stay permit"
Starting from the A.Y. 2017/2018 a personal photograph in digital format is required for all PhD students enrolled in a Doctoral programme of the University of Trento (as a personal identification needed for the management of the university career and to use some services).
The designated offices of the University will take your official photo for the system. Instructions and deadlines will be provided by the proper Office of Doctoral Studies after the enrolment.
Enrolment in the 2nd and 3rd year
After the decision of the PhD Programme Committee concerning the admission to the 2nd or 3rd Academic Year, PhD students must enrol.
The enrolment procedure for the 2nd or 3rd year is available in the on-line system.
The PhD student has to apply and enrol within the deadline indicated in the email sent to each PhD student (to the institutional inbox @unitn.it) by the reference Doctorate Office after the communication of the admission by the PhD Programme Committee.
PhD students must pay the TDS - Education Tax,except in case of exemption. The payment has to be made by MAV bank transfer (Mediante Avviso). See information in box "Useful links” (“Education Tax(TDS) and revenue stamp”).
ATTENTION: if you are NON-EU citizen you have to upload a scanned copy of your valid stay permit/permanent residence card in Italy (or copy of the acknowledgment of receipt provided by the Immigration Office of the Police Headquarter in Trento) in the Esse3Web no later than November 19, 2019. Further important information is available here. If you will not respect the above-mentioned deadlines, all university services will be unavailable to you.