PhD Programme in "Cognitive and Brain Sciences"
The University of Trento announces a public selection procedure for admission to the 39th cycle (academic year 2023/2024) of the PhD Programme in “Cognitive and Brain Sciences”.
Opportunities within the National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP)
Updates on the page https://www.unitn.it/en/phd-nrrp-calls.
Announcement of selection
Published on this webpage on April 27, 2023.
Please note that only the Italian version of the call is legally binding, the English version is provided for information only.
This page provides general information about the announcement of selection and the application process.
Number of positions: 11 + 1 additional*
Scholarhips (4 years): 11 + 1 additional*, funded as follows:
- n. 5 grants financed by the University of Trento
- n. 1 grant financed by the FBK - Fondazione Bruno Kessler on the following topic:
- Machine Learning for Brain Connectivity in Clinical Neuroscience (FBK)
- n. 5 grants financed by IIT - Italian Institute of Technology on the following topics:
- Neuroimaging and electrophysiological biomarkers behind autisms distinguished by disability versus difference over development (n. 2 grants)
- Andrea Baracchino Scholarhsip: Synaptic modulation of brain connectivity (n. 1 grant)
- Neural circuit mechanisms for cognitive processes (n. 1 + 1 grant additional*)
- Synaptic logic of visuo-motor circuits (n. 1 grant)
The topic-specific grants are conditional to the execution of a particular research topic for which specific skills are required. Those interested in one or more topic-specific grant should carefully check the topic and required skillset indicated on the web page http://www.unitn.it/drcimec/topic-specific-grants.
* The additional scholarship has been published on June 28, 2023.
Number of Supernumerary positions: 1 (reserved to candidates fulfilling the requirements stated by art. 18, par. 3 of the University Regulations regarding PhD Programmes).
Start of the Academic Year: November 1, 2023
Duration of the PhD Programme: 4 years
Official language: English
How to apply
Application online: available starting from April 28, 2023
Application’s deadline: May 31, 2023, 16:00 (Italian time).
Candidates are warmly recommended to submit their application in advance. The University shall not be considered responsible for any dysfunctions due to technical problems and/or overload of the communication line and/or of the OS, for the loss of communication due to incorrect address details or late communication about possible change of address of the candidates, or for any other problem and delay due to third parties, unexpected cases or circumstances beyond one’s control.
Assessment schedule: from June 27, 2023
Oral examination: July 13, 2023
The Secretariat of the PhD Course will communicate the date and time of convocation directly to the admitted candidates.
In this section you will find the list of candidates not admitted to the selection process.
The final ranking is available in this section.
Enrolment's deadline for admitted candidates: 27th July 2023.
The enrolment procedure is available on the Enrolment 1, 2, 3 year webpage
Candidates who wish to assert their requirements for supernumerary positions (see art. 8 of the Call) shall request, by submission of appropriate documentation proving their status to the PhD Office - Cognitive, Social Sciences and Humanities (email: phd.office-cssh [at] unit.it) their acceptance of such admission not later than July 27, 2023.
Last update: July 19, 2023