PhD Programme in "Cognitive and Brain Sciences"
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION 37th cycle - academic year 2021/2022
The University of Trento announces a public selection procedure for admission to the 37th cycle (academic year 2021/2022) of the PhD Programme in Cognitive and Brain Sciences.
Please note that only the Italian version of the call is legally binding, the English version is provided for information only.
This page provides general information about the announcement of selection and the application process.
Announcement of selection: published on this webpage on April 22, 2021 and available in the Attachments Section.
Application online: available starting from April 23, 2021 (go to the Application)
Application’s deadline: May 27, 2021, 16:00 (Italian time)
Candidates are warmly recommended to submit their application in advance. The University shall not be considered responsible for any dysfunctions due to technical problems and/or overload of the communication line and/or of the OS, for the loss of communication due to incorrect address details or late communication about possible change of address of the candidates, or for any other problem and delay due to third parties, unexpected cases or circumstances beyond one’s control.
Number of positions: 15
Scholarhips (4 years): 15 funded as follows:
- n. 5 grants financed by the University of Trento;
- n. 1 grant financed in part by the University of Trento and in part by the CIMEC – Center for Mind/Brain Sciences;
- n. 1 grant financed by the CIMeC – Center for Mind Brain Sciences of the University of Trento, within the project “SPANUMBRA “Number - Space associations in the brain” – ERC Advanced Grant n. 833504 - CUP E74I19000460006”, funded by the European Research Council on the topic “Numerical and magnitude representions in the animal brains”;
- n. 2 grants financed by the CIMeC – Center for Mind Brain Sciences of the University of Trento within the project “Never stop listening! Promoting healthy ageing with enhancements to metacognition and self-regulation when listening in noisy places” (Project No. 1439), funded by Velux Stiftung on the topic “Metacognition and self-regulation when listening in noisy places”;
- n. 1 grant financed by the CIMeC – Center for Mind Brain Sciences of the University of Trento on the topic “Modelling the contribution of cognitive maps in human reasoning”, funded by “FARE MIUR codice CUP E64I19003210001”;
- n. 1 grant financed by the CIMEC – Center for Mind/Brain Sciences and the Department of Physics of the University of Trento, within the University’s strategic project “TRAIN” and “BACKUP - Unveiling the relationship between brain connectivity and function by integrated photonics” (E61I18001560005) financed by the European Research Council on the topic “Neuromorphic photonic circuits to modulate neuronal excitability in autism and epilepsy”;
- n. 2 grants financed by the IIT - Italian Institute of Technology on the following topics:
- Mechanisms of action of noninvasive brain stimulation to support cognitive functioning in humans (n. 1 grant),
- Neuromodulation of functional connectivity in the mouse brain (n.1 grant);
- n. 1 grant financed by the FBK – Fondazione Bruno Kessler, on the topic “Machine learning for brain connectivity in clinical neuroscience”;
- n. 1 grant financed by the EURAC Research on the topic “Cognition out of the lab: body perception and interactions with tools in a simulated real-world environment”.
Information about the topic specific scholarship are available at: http://www.unitn.it/drcimec/topic-specific-grants.
Number of Supernumerary positions: 2 (reserved to candidates fulfilling the requirements stated by art. 20, par. 3 of the University Regulations regarding PhD Programmes).
Start of the Academic Year: November 1, 2021
Duration of the PhD Programme: 4 years
Official language: English
Last update: April 22, 2021