PhD Programme in "Cognitive and Brain Sciences"
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION: 34th cycle – academic year 2018/2019
The announcement of selection for the PhD Programme in “Cognitive and Brain Sciences” is available on this webpage in the "Download" Box. Please note that only the Italian version of the call is legally binding, the English version is provided for information only.
Announcement of selection: published on this webpage on April 18, 2018 and available in the "Download" Box.
Application online: available starting from April 19, 2018 (go to the Application)
Application’s deadline to participate in the selection: May 31, 2018, 4:00 p.m. (Italian time)
Number of positions: 11
Number of scholarships: 11
The grants (four years) are financed as follows:
- n. 5 grants financed by the University of Trento (1 of which with the financial support of the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Trento e Rovereto);
- n. 2 grants related to the appropriate funds allocated within the programme “Departments of Excellence” (Italian Law 232/2016), on the topic “Advanced neuroimaging methods for the study of brain and cognition”;
- n. 1 grant financed by the Italian Institute of Technology on the topic “Neural coding”;
- n. 1 grant financed by the Italian Institute of Technology on the topic “Computational cognitive neuroscience”;
- n. 1 grant financed by the Italian Institute of Technology on the topic “Brain functional connectivity in models of neuropsychiatric disorders”;
- n. 1 grant financed by the Fondazione Bruno Kessler on the topic “Computational methods for longitudinal studies of structural brain connectivity.
Number of supernumerary positions: 1 (position reserved to candidates fulfilling the requirements stated by art. 20, par. 3 of the University Regulations regarding PhD Programmes)
Candidates are warmly recommended to submit their application in advance. The University shall not be considered responsible for any dysfunctions due to technical problems and/or overload of the communication line and/or of the OS, for the loss of communication due to incorrect address details or late communication about possible change of address of the candidates, or for any other problem and delay due to third parties, unexpected cases or circumstances beyond one’s control.
Assessment of qualifications: 19 June 2018 (carried out by the Commission without the presence of the candidates)
The outcomes will be published at the end of the evaluation process (in the Download Box of this web page).
Interview for shortlisted candidates: 28 June 2018 starting from 9.00 at Cimec - Palazzo Fedrigotti - Corso Bettini, 31, 38068 Rovereto
Start of the Academic Year: November 1, 2018
Duration of the PhD Programme: 4 years
Official language: English
Last update: 22 May 2018