PhD Programme in "Cognitive and Brain Sciences".
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION 36th cycle - academic year 2020/2021
The announcement of selection for the PhD Programme in “Cognitive and Brain Sciences” 36th cycle (a.y. 2020/2021) is available on this webpage in the "Download" Box.
Please note that only the Italian version of the call is legally binding, the English version is provided for information only.
Academic Year begin: November 1, 2020
Programme duration: 4 years
Announcement of selection: published in this webpage on April 14, 2020 (available in the "Download" Box)*
Application online: available starting from April 15, 2020 (go to the Application)
Application’s deadline to participate in the selection: Wednesday May 27, 2020, until 04.00 p.m. (Italian time)
Candidates are warmly recommended to submit their application in advance. The University shall not be considered responsible for any disfunctions due to technical problems and/or overload of the communication line and/or of the OS, for the loss of communication due to incorrect address details or late communication about possible change of address of the candidates, or for any other problem and delay due to third parties, unexpected cases or circumstances beyond one’s control.
Number of positions: 10
Number of grants: 10
- n. 5 grants financed by the University of Trento;
- n. 1 grant financed by the CIMeC - Center for Mind/Brain Sciences and the Department of Physics of the University of Trento, on the topic “Neuromorphic photonic circuits to modulate neuronal excitability in autism and epilepsy”;
- n. 4 grants financed by the Italian Institute of Technology on the following topics:
- “Neural principles for cognitive processes” (n. 2 grants);
- “Methods to potentiate and support cognitive functions in neurological disorders and healthy subjects through novel noninvasive brain stimulation protocols” (n. 1 grant);
- “Computational methods for the study of neural coding” (n. 1 grant).
More info about the topic specific grant at the webpage www.unitn.it/drcimec/topic-specific-grants.
Official language: English
- Assessments of qualifications: from June 24, 2020
(Outcomes are available in the Download Box)
- Interviews: July 7 , 2020
(A detailed calendar will be published later).
IMPORTANT: Following the COVID-19 health emergency, as an extraordinary measure for carrying out oral tests in telematic mode, all interviews will be held exclusively in remote mode through the use of audio-video connection tools that will allow:
- the correct identification of the participants (through a webcam);
- the conduction of the oral test in a public form.
Further details will be defined by the Evaluation Committee and published in a prompt and timely way on this page.
Last update: June 25, 2020