The Body for the Protection of Animals (OPBA) deals with topics regarding animals used for scientific and educational purposes, in all facilities of the University which carry out scientific activity using animals, as per Legislative Decree no. 26/2014.
Its members are:
Coordinators for the animals’ wellness:
- Giorgio Vallortigara, full Professor at CIMeC
- Sergio Robbiati, laboratory technician at CIBio
Veterinaries in charge of the enclosures:
- Ludovico Scenna, researcher at CIBio
- Giampaolo Morbioli, researcher at CIMeC
Scientific member, expert in animal experimentation:
- Giuseppe Biagini, full Professor at the University of Modena
Expert in bio-ethics
- Lucia Galvagni, researcher at Fondazione Bruno Kessler
Expert of Biostatistics:
- Rocco Micciolo, full professor at the Department of Psychology and Cognitive science
- Cinzia Piciocchi, associate Professor at the Faculty of Law.