The purpose of the master's is to train professionals who can implement educational and training programmes for individuals with autism spectrum disorder and other conditions that cause difficulties in social relations and behavioural problems.
In particular, the master's aims at giving education professionals excellent observation skills, so that they can design educational programmes in line with local health and welfare systems and available rehabilitation and therapeutic options, and include them in school and family settings and in other contexts of social interaction at local level.
The master's will provide students with knowledge on:
- how to design and implement educational and training programmes for individuals with autism spectrum disorder, developmental disorders, social, relational and behavioural problems;
- the main techniques used to identify special needs and behavioural observation techniques, special education techniques and social rehabilitation techniques;
- planning abilities;
- programme networking and long-term planning.
For further information please visit www.odflab.unitn.it/master-autismo-2018-2019
Please visit the Italian page to download the programme brochure, poster and notice.
The master's consists of 150 hours of tuition (in class, with on-line lectures if necessary), 250 hours of workshops (with practical exercises, group research, project work, laboratories), 200 hours of internship (under the supervision of a tutor).
Front lectures will be delivered by professors and researchers from the University of Trento and other universities and by highly regarded and qualified experts in the areas included in the study programme. They will cover the following three subjects:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Special education methodologies and techniques
- The different educational settings
To obtain the First level Master’s Degree in Educational methodologies for individuals with autism spectrum disorder and 60 university credits, students will have to attend the programme regularly and pass the evaluation tests.
Classes and training will start in November 2018 and continue for 15 months.
Classes will mostly take place on Friday afternoons and on Saturdays (morning and afternoon), twice a month. The programme includes a period (of one or two weeks) and number of weekends of intensive course work in the summer of 2019.
Students must attend at least 75% of classes and workshops and 100% of the internship.
The Master's degree in Educational methodologies for individuals with autism spectrum disorder is designed for education professionals who do not have specific skills in this field, and for people who would like to start working in an educational setting.
It is open to graduate students with a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree.
More precisely, to be eligible for the master’s degree, applicants must hold one of the following university degrees:
- a degree awarded under Italian Ministerial Decree 509/99 or Ministerial Decree 270/04;
- an academic qualification awarded after a three-year programme under laws in force before Ministerial Decree 509/99;
- a foreign academic qualification deemed appropriate.
Master’s students cannot enrol in other courses at the same time.
Applications to the Master's degree must be submitted from 9 July 2018 to 15 October 2018, 12:00.
Applications will be assessed by a selection committee. Applicants whose applications have been accepted will continue to the interview stage. The interviews will take place at the Department of Psychology and Cognitive Science in C.so Bettini, 84 a Rovereto (TN).
The master’s is open to auditing students. The committee will draft two rankings, one for students and one for auditing students, based on the following criteria: it will award a maximum of 50 points for the candidates’ resume (including any publications), and up to 50 points for the interview.
Candidates must obtain at least 60/100 points to be admitted.
Fees and deadlines
- Deadline for online applications: 15 October 2018, 12.00;
- Publications of list of candidates admitted to interview stage: 19 October 2018;
- Interviews at the Department of Psychology and Cognitive Science: 23 October 2018, starting at 14.30;
- Publication of the list of successful candidates: by 25 October 2018;
- Student registration: by 14 November 2018;
- Tuition fees: 2,800 euro (to be paid in two instalments: 1,500 euro before 16 November 2018, 1,300 euro before 30 June 2019);
- Tuition fees for auditing students: 1,500 euro (to be paid before 16 November 2018).
The first 50 students on the list of eligible candidates may submit their registration form.
To register, successful candidates must fill in the registration form, which can be found in the download box, and submit it by 14 November 2018
- via e-mail at the following address uff.formazioneinsegnanti [at] unitn.it stating in the object line “Domanda iscrizione Master Autismo”, attaching a copy of their passport or id;
- via fax to 0461-287021, with a copy of their passport or id.
Registered students will receive a confirmation email from the Ufficio Formazione Insegnanti. Once they have received the confirmation email, students are required to log in to the “area riservata” of the Esse3 system www.esse3.unitn.it using their credentials, click the “segreteria mytasse” button and download the mav form to pay the first instalment of tuition fees. The tuition fee of 1,500 EUR must be paid by 16 November 2018.
For more information on the master’s content, please contact:
Laboratorio di Osservazione Diagnosi e Formazione
via Matteo del Ben, 5/B - 38068 Rovereto (TN)
Tel: 0464 808115-808116
diagnostica.funzionale [at] unitn.it
For general information, please contact:
Ufficio Formazione Insegnanti
Corso Bettini, n. 84, 38068 – Rovereto (TN)
Tel. 0464 808641 Fax: 0461 287021
Uff.Formazioneinsegnanti [at] unitn.it