Successful applicants with a qualification that has not been awarded in Italy must present to the Divisione Supporto Corsi di Dottorato e Alta Formazione by the deadline indicated in the call, in advance by email:
- the academic diploma of the Master degree (Master of Science/Arts or equivalent) in the original or certified copy, together with the Academic Transcript of Records, possible official translations, legalized or with an apostille affixed (please carefully verify the fulfillment of the requirements set by the issuing country of the title)
- Diploma Supplement (if provided for by the university where the title was issued; it is commonly used within the member countries of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA)
- Declaration of Value issued by the Italian Embassy in the country where the qualification was awarded
- the Rector's Decree of "Equivalence-academic recognition of the title"
- Statement of comparability of foreign university qualifications issued by the ENIC-NARIC Center in Italy (CIMEA) that contains all the information necessary for the assessment of the qualification.
The University of Trento partners with CIMEA to issue ENIC-NARIC certificates.
More information at the webpage https://international.unitn.it/incoming/diploma-verification
Qualifications and certificates must be legalized by the Italian Embassy in order to guarantee their authenticity. If the country where the qualification was obtained is party to the Hague Convention (1961), you must have an Apostille affixed to your documents by the competent authorities, in place of the legalization.
Check the list of the competent authorities for each country.
In case the Diploma Supplement, or the Declaration of Value, or the Statement of comparability are not available by the deadline indicated in the call, admitted applicants must deliver a document showing that they asked the University/the Italian diplomatic or consular representations/the ENIC-NARIC center for the documents to be issued.
Admission to the Doctoral Programme for successful candidates who do not provide the required above-mentioned documents by the deadline indicated on the call will be “conditional” and the applicants will be excluded from the Doctoral Programme if:
- they do not deliver the documents within 12 months from the starting date of the Programme;
- upon verification, their title is not in compliance with the requirements of this call for selection.
Before arriving in Italy, successful applicants must verify whether or not they need an entry visa. If you need it, you must apply for pre-enrollment. The pre-enrollment is needed only to obtain the visa and must be submitted exclusively through the UNIVERSITALY website.