The undergraduate degree program in Workplace Accident Prevention techniques (class L/SNT4) is an inter-university course offered jointly by the University of Trento and the University of Verona, in collaboration with the Provincial Health Authority of the Autonomous Province of Trento.
The course has a limited number of places.
Attendence is mandatory for at least 75% of classes and 100% of the internship activities, as included each year.
Lessons will take place at the Polo Universitario delle Professioni Sanitarie (Health Professions University Campus) in via Briamasco, 2, Trento and to a lesser degree in Rovereto..
Who is a Workplace Accident Prevention Technician?
He/She is a healthcare professional whose work profile is defined by D.M. n. 58/1997. He/She promotes and safeguards public health and carries out all activities of prevention; checks and controls on hygiene and workplace safety; food and drink hygiene; public veterinary health and hygiene; and environmental hygiene and protection.
What does a Workplace Accident Prevention Technician do?
- Autonomously and responsibly manage the prevention, checks and controls on the quality of living and work spaces;
- Define the intervention priorities based on health and safety needs, organizational needs as well as the best usage of available resources;
- Project, realize and supply--in collaboration with other professionals--informative and educational activities for both individuals and groups about prevention and risk factor control;
- Manage prevention and control checks to assure the safety and salubrity of food and drinks from the production to consumption phase.
- Identify, analyse and evaluate the risk factors for health and safety (systems and equipment; physical, chemical, and biological agents; psychological, social, organizational and ergonomic factors) and identify the most efficacious and appropriate prevention measures and techniques for these problems;
- Manage the instructional activities aimed at the issuance of authorizations as well as health and safety clearance;
- Interpret and manage the controls for the enforcement of the laws and regulations for health and safety prevention.
Where does a Workplace Accident Prevention Technician work?
Graduates in Workplace Accident Prevention Techniques work for the National Public Health System; in prevention and protection services of public structures and private companies; in the environmental sector of Regional and Provincial agencies for Occupational Health and Safety; in private companies as health and safety manager or consultant for food safety, workplace and occupational safety; or as a freelance consultant.
In order to be admitted to the course, it is necessary to pass an admissions exam (multiple choice test) and obtain a sufficient score for the ranking. The admissions exam for the 2020/2021 academic year will be on 8 September 2020.
Information and deadlines for registering for the exam are publishing on the University of Verona webpage (see links).
Course Program Office
segreteriaclrov [at] apss.tn.it
UniVr Student Office
ph. 045 8027229
UniVr Admissions Office
ph. 045 802 8260