PhD is the highest academic educational level in Italy.
It provides the necessary skills to perform high-quality research activity both in public and private bodies, so as qualifying skills for professional life: PhD provides also an important contribution to the European Higher Education Area and the European Research Area.
PhD programmes are open, without age or citizenship limits, to all those who already hold a "laurea magistrale" or equivalent academic title awarded abroad.
PhD programmes available at the University of Trento for the academic year 2018/2019 (34th cycle):
Science & Technology
- Information and Communication Technology
- Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering
- Materials, Mechatronics and Systems Engineering
- Biomolecular Sciences
- European Cultures. Environment, Contexts, Histories, Arts, Ideas
- Development Economics and Local Systems - DELoS (within the framework of the School of Social Sciences)
- Economics and Management (within the framework of the School of Social Sciences)
- Forms of text
- Sociology and Social Research (within the framework of the School of Social Sciences)
- Comparative and European legal studies
- International studies
The following PhD programmes will remain active until students enrolled on the programmes graduate
- Psychological sciences and education - last activated academic year 2016/2017
- Humanities - last activated academic year 2013-2014
- Local Development and Global Dynamics - last activated academic year 2013-2014
Doctoral programmes in cooperation with other Universities