The University of Trento (Italy) welcomes expressions of interest from excellent international postdoctoral researchers interested in applying to the European Commission Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship with a research project to be carried out in Trento.
The Marie Skłodowska Curie Action is a funding scheme that supports the mobility of researchers. Individual Fellowships (IF) may last 12-24 months and involve a research project, advanced training and knowledge exchange at the host institution. It offers a competitive salary, mobility and family allowances plus a budget for research and training costs. Applicants are expected to have an excellent CV and a strong publication record.
Selected candidates will be offered both academic and administrative support from the Research Office of the University to develop their proposal.
Moreover, MSCA applicants having chosen as host institution the University of Trento will be able to access to further opportunities. First, applicants that have been awarded the Seal of Excellence (projects judged excellent but not funded) may apply for a 1-year fellowship targeted to improve and re-submit the proposal. Second, researchers that have successfully completed their MSCA fellowship may apply for a year of extra funding at the end of their scholarship.
Who can apply to a MSCA?
The applicant, at the deadline for the application (September 9th, 2020), will have to satisfy the following requirements:
- to have a doctoral degree or at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience;
- to have lived, studied or worked in the country of the host organization (for Trento, Italy) for less of 12 months in the three years immediately before the call deadline. For the specific eligibility criteria of Reintegration and CAR Panels, please see MSCA Work Programme 2018-2020 and the MSCA Guide for Applicant 2020.
The call is open to the following research areas of the University of Trento:
- BIOTech - deadline: August 9th 2020
- School of International Studies - deadline: June 22nd 2020
- Brain and Cognitive sciences - Neuroscience - deadline: June 12nd 2020