In line with its Strategic Plan 2014-16 the University of Trento promotes research projects on transversal topics of wide interest (Bando Progetti di Ricerca 2014 – University Research Projects Call 2014) and the participation of young researchers in competitive calls for proposals (Bando Starting Grant Giovani Ricercatori 2014 – Starting Grant Young Researchers Call 2014).
Bando Progetti di Ricerca - Research Projects Call 2014 (internal call)
The University of Trento provides 1.500.000 Euro for the financial support of research projects dedicated to transversal topics of wide interest aiming at promoting interdisciplinary initiatives involving different Departments or Centres, endorsing young researchers involvement in research and ensuring a significant cultural, economic, environmental and social impact of research results.
University of Trento professors and assistant professors are eligible to submit project proposals.
Projects should have a duration of 18 months and pursue the following general objectives:
- the recognition and valorization of aspects specific of research in some areas of knowledge and the identification of research sectors requiring targeted financial support;
- the promotion of innovative and exploratory activities in identified research fields;
- the promotion and support of research competitiveness at both national and international level;
- the increase in the number of researchers involved in competitive projects.
Bando Starting Grant Giovani Ricercatori - Starting Grant Young Researchers Call 2014 (internal call)
The University of Trento supports the participation of young researchers in competitive national, European and international calls for proposals.
Available budget amounts to 192.000 Euro and may be used to cover the costs associated to project proposals development aiming at participating in a competitive call (research related travel costs included). The maximum amunt a young researcher can receive is 12.000 Euro.
Project proposals may be submitted by the following categories of young researchers of the University of Trento:
- “assegnisti”, post-doc collaborators, fixed-term assistant professors and tenured assistant professors.
Proponents shall have been awarded his/her Phd no more than 12 years prior to the publication date of the call for proposals (the above indicated time limits can be extended up to 16 years and 6 months in the following properly documented circumstances: maternity, paternity, long-term illness).