The Civilian Service is an opportunity offered to young people, aged between 18 and 28, to concretely participate in the solidarity-based building of society. They provide their energy and enthusiasm and enrich their personal background with experiences and skills, while receiving a small personal allowance.
Calls for projects are launched regularly, and interested people are free to apply. The projects’ length may vary between 3 and 12 months, and cannot be extended.
Applications must be sent directly to the institution sponsoring the project. Candidates are chosen based on an interview and then includes them in the relevant project.
The participants volunteer some 30 hours per week, 5 or 6 days a week. There are many advantages for them:
- a net monthly allowance of 433,80 euro;
- the opportunity to enter a working environment and to interact with others;
- the chance to receive a hands-on training on civilian service matters in general and on the relevant volunteering project in particular;
- in kind benefits (university credits, traineeships, paid lunches and so on).
- Il mondo del lavoro: conoscere e gestire i processi di un ufficio di placement universitario (The world of work: how to manage projects at the university placement office) (12 months) - project start date: 1 October 2016
- Verso gli studi universitari: le iniziative dell'Università di Trento per una scelta consapevole (Towards university: initiatives of the University of Trento to make a wise choice) (12 months) - project start date: 1 October 2016
Deadline for applications is 9 September 2016. Applications must be emailed (include the candidate’s cv) to the University of Trento to the following addresses:
ateneo [at] pec.unitn.it o ateneo [at] unitn.it
In order to participate, candidates must first register to the Provincial Civilian Service. For more information please contact: http://www.serviziocivile.provincia.tn.it/giovani/ADESIONE_SCUP/
All volunteers are supported by a supervisor all along the project (the “operatore locale di progetto”) who acts like a guide (“maestro”) and constantly monitors their work to adapt the project execution to the participants’ needs.
The University of Trento has been a member of the Provincial list of institutions offering civilian services projects since 2006.
For further information:
annamaria.larentis [at] unitn.it
38122 Trento, Via Verdi 6 - tel. 0461/282299