PhD programmes - Science and Technology
Doctoral programme
Home > Services > Services for foreign students
Home > Services > Services for foreign students

Services for foreign students

In addition to the regular admittance and registration procedures, foreign students must fulfil some specific requirements. In particular they must:

  • obtain an entry visa for Italy from an Italian consulate in their country of residence (non-EU citizens only);
  • obtain a residence permit once arrived in Trento;
  • obtain a tax Identification Number (Codice Fiscale)
  • enrol in a health insurance programme.

The University of Trento’s Welcome Office will assist you in all these procedures. Moreover, the Office will also provide assistance when applying for subsidised housing from the Opera Universitaria, obtaining a library and mensa card etc. In addition, the Office organises many activities, like outings and parties, throughout the year.
Once having registered, foreign students will be contacted by the Office.

To find out more about the activities of the Office for the coordination of Foreign Guests check out their web site at International Opportunities for Students