PhD PROGRAMME IN BIOMOLECULAR SCIENCES
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION: 32nd cycle – Academic Year 2016/2017
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 23, 2016, hrs. 4:00 PM (Italian time)
Link to the Application online
Positions: 12+4 additional
Scholarships: 10+4 additional of which 5+4 additional on specific research topics
Scholarships are funded by:
no. 5 scholarships funded by the University of Trento, on research topics to be carried out at the laboratories of CIBIO – Centre for Integrative Biology (http://www.cibio.unitn.it);
no. 5+4 additional scholarships on reserved topics that require specific competence assessed during the oral examination and funded as follows:
- Scholarship A, “microRNA–mediated cardiac regeneration” funded by International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB);
- Scholarship B “New computational metagenomic approaches for strain-level cystic-fibrosis pathogens characterization and microbiome profiling” funded by CIBIO – Centre for Integrative Biology;
- Scholarship C “Impact of RNA modifications on translation in physiology and disease” funded by CIBIO – Centre for Integrative Biology;
- Scholarship D “Understanding of epigenetic regulation of tumorigenesis and tumor progression through computational quantitative analyses” funded by CIBIO – Centre for Integrative Biology;
- Scholarship E “Construction of Vaccinobacter and manipulation of Vaccinobacter derived-OMVs“ funded by CIBIO – Centre for Integrative Biology.
- Scholarship F (additional) "Identification of cellular and molecular mechanisms of Brain Cancer development" funded by CIBIO – Centre for Integrative Biology.
- Scholarship G (additional) "New therapies for uveal melanoma" funded by CIBIO – Centre for Integrative Biology.
- Scholarship H (additional) "Studying Neural Stem Cell biology during Brain and Cancer Development" funded by CIBIO – Centre for Integrative Biology.
- Scholarship I (additional) "Prebiotic metallopeptides" funded by CIBIO – Centre for Integrative Biology.
For details on the reserved topics please see the box "Download".
The Academic year starts November 1, 2016.
Announcement of selection: Rector's Decree n. 385 of 27.05.2016, published in this webpage on May 31, 2016 – available in the “Download Box”*
*please note that only the Italian version of the call is legally binding, the English version is provided for information only.
Candidates are recommended to complete the online application well in advance before the deadline, in order to avoid possible technical problems or overcharge of the connection and/or of the application systems.
Assessment schedule: at least 20 days before the date of the oral examinations, time and location of the examinations will be published on the selection website.