The Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino Euroregion (Europaregion Tirol-Südtirol-Trentino in German) is a European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation (EGTC) established in 2011 on the initiative of Land Tyrol (Austria) and the two Autonomous Provinces of Bolzano and Trento (Italy)
Within the European Region Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino, the Universities of Trento, Bolzano and Innsbruck have been collaborating for years on a number of common objectives: better mobility, expanding the offer of courses with partner universities, strengthening cross-border research, and supporting young researchers
The EuregioMobilityFund provides funding to support student and faculty mobility among the three Universities of the Euregio through joint educational initiatives.
Studying in the Euregio
- Master's Degree in Energy Engineering
- Master's Degree in Environmental Management of Mountain Areas (EMMA)
- Master's Degree in Musicology
- Master's Degree in Environmental Meteorology
- Master's Degree in Law - Italian Law
- Executive Master Euregio in European Public Administration
In 2018 the three provinces of the Euregio Gect decided to establish the Euregio Professorships, special fixed-term positions whose holders are formally employed in one of the three universities but conduct teaching and research activity in all three partner universities.
The focus of each position is jointly agreed by the three Universities and it usually has scientific and social importance for the universities themselves but also for the Euroregion as a whole:
- at the University of Trento: Minority Law and Federalism Studies, Professor Jens Woelk;
- at the Free University of Bolzano: Local History, Professor Oswald Überegger;
- at the University of Innsbruck: Law and technology, mobility and sustainability, Professor Malte Kramme.
Doing research in the Euregio
- EUPHUR - Euregio Platform on Human Dignity and Human Rights
- EFH - Euregio Environment, Food & Health
The European Region Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino supports research by funding multiannual research projects. The EuregioScienceFund promotes multiannual and joint research projects (IPN - International Project Networks) involving the three regions. Themes are chosen by the consortium, in line with the objectives of EuregioScienceFund, in order to strengthen interregional cooperation at academic level.
At the moment, the project has launched its fourth call. To read the calls of past editions (2020 and earlier) visit the online archive.
Euregio ScienceFund projects at UniTrento – 4th call
- NeuroTrain: Neurocognition of arithmetic (re-)learning - Manuela Piazza, CIMeC
- INTERFACE - Investigating the surface energy balance over mountain areas - Lorenzo Giovannini, Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering
- Atmosferic Boundary-layer modelling over complex terrain - Lorenzo Giovannini, Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering