Equality and cultural diversity are among the founding principles of our University.
We are aware of our role in society in the training of citizens and professionals and we are committed to foster, both in study programmes and in our organization, a culture of justice, equality, transparency, openness and equal opportunities.
These principles shall not remain on paper, as we intend to put them into practice in daily University life.
In order to achieve this objective, the University of Trento has approved a three-year plan of positive actions (2017-2019) which includes tools and measures aimed at identifying and removing any discrimination based on gender, religion or belief, racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation and sexual or gender identity, disability, age and occupation.
The plan also includes a series of initiatives for the promotion of occupational well-being and a better work-life balance for all the member of the University community.
The University has been strongly committed since 2015 to promote initiatives and projects aimed at asylum seekers and refugees who have arrived to Trentino following the growing and ongoing migration flow and have the qualifications to be admitted to University.
The network of people and services involved
This path to foster equality and enhance diversity involves all of the University’s participants in an attempt to encourage networking, discussion and synergies. This web page is the place where we will gather the input of the various bodies that are participating to different degrees in this project, with the objective of shedding light on their activities and making them more visible and easy to reach. The following are the people and services involved:
- The Vice-Rector for Equity and Diversity Policies, Barbara Poggio, whose mandate is to ensure and put into practice equal opportunities, the enhancement of diversity and the acknowledgement of the rights of the different elements of the University.
- The Vice-Rector for Organizational Well-Being and Employee Relations, Franco Fraccaroli.
- The Rector’s Delegate for Disability Support, Paolo Pasquale Macchi.
- The Rector’s Delegate for Initiatives on Linguistic Minorities, Jens Woelk.
- The Rector’s Delegate for Educational Services and Parent Support Services, Barbara Ongari.
- The Rector’s Delegate for Academic and International Solidarity, Ester Gallo.
- The Student Representatives for Equality and Diversity Policies, Giulia Barozzi and Marta Pastrello.
- The Student Ombudsperson, Donata Borgonovo Re, is an institutional resource for all students including to assist in their relationships with teaching staff and technical and administrative staff.
- The Confidential Counsellor, Valentina Todeschini, in charge of preventing, managing and solving issues of mobbing and sexual harassment in the work and study environment.
- The Committee for Equal Opportunities well-being at work and against discriminations, which works to promote and protect equal opportunities and well-being in the work environment among the University’s staff.
- The Delegates of Departments and Centres for Equality and Diversity Policies, who cooperate with the Prorector to fulfil the plan’s objectives at the level of the institution they represent.
- The Psychological Counselling Service for students, where they can be heard and receive support, whose main task is to help students experiencing problems or difficulties and improve their study performance and the quality of university life.
- The Psychological Sounselling Service for technical and administrative staff, which offers counselling and support in situations of psychological discomfort in the workplace, due in particular to conflicts, stress, lack of motivation and other work-related issues.
- The Interdepartmental Centre for Gender Studies, a study and research centre that adopts a gender perspective as a tool to promote learning and training opportunities in a range of different sectors.
The University of Trento is also a member of the National conference of Italian universities’ equal opportunities bodies.