Join international teams, gain new skills and solve real-life challenges
Challenges are short or semester-long courses that allow teams to solve real-life problems. Micro-modules allow students to deepen their general knowledge of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, for example, or their intercultural or foreign language skills
More than 600 participants have already participated in more than 80 challenges launched by ECIU University in various thematic areas: from transformation of free food distribution to the use of public spaces.
Visit the website, get to know the first-hand experience of participants.
- Make a real impact. To enrich your background and contribute to real social change. ECIU University challenges are provided by business companies and public partners and include problems that communities and organizations face at this very moment. Challenges mainly focus on Sustainable Development Goal #11: "Sustainable Cities and Communities”.
- Expand connections. Grow your network of connections by working with other students, faculty, experts, business representatives and organizations from different backgrounds.
- New skills and intercultural environment. Enhance your intercultural skills, share practices and ideas, and develop problem-solving and teamwork skills. Take advantage of the opportunity to deepen your knowledge of different subject areas by participating in micro-modules offered by ECIU University.
- Recognition and development. After successfully completing the challenge, receive a Certificate of Participation. You might have an opportunity to develop proposed solutions further, resulting in new services, products, research questions or start-ups and spin-offs.
How does it work?
- Explore the challenges in the challenge platform. Challenges can vary in length, from two-day challenge (Nano challenge) to a challenge stretching up to the semester length (Standard challenge)..
- Register to the challenge platform and apply to the challenges you find interesting or relevant.
- After your application is approved, join a team that includes other learners and a team facilitator, called a “teamcher”.
- Work with the challenge provider, engage and investigate the challenge using the challenge-based learning method, and, finally, propose the solution.
- Join the micro-modules that help gain additional knowledge or skills.
- Receive a Certificate of Participation and a Challenge supplement certifying your work in detail.
- Grab a chance to further develop the proposed solutions with your team.
- Upon successful and certified completion of the activity, students may be awarded UniTrento elective or extra-curricular credits according to the regulations of each Department. For specific questions about credits students should contact their relevant Student Support and Study Program Offices.
Are you eligible to be one of us? Yes if…
- You are a student in a master's degree program, you are in the final year of your degree program or in the third year of a one-cycle Master degree at one of ECIU's 13 European partner universities.
- You know English at the B2 level (Self-assessment, CEFR of languages).
- Once completed and certified, your participation in this activity may be recognized by UniTrento as free credits or supernumerary credits, according to the Didactic Regulations and subject to the positive opinion of the Student Support offices and/or the faculty responsible for the courses of study.
Opportunity for mobility grant
If the activity foresees the physical presence at the partner institution, you will have the opportunity to get economic support for your physical mobility, please refer to the dedicated webpage for further information and fill in the application form.
Please note: filling out the UniTrento application does not in any case replace the application to the individual initiatives to be made on the ECIU website
Find out more about ECIU University for learners