PagoPA service is the online payment system used for all Italian public administration payments, including university fees (e.g. doctoral programmes selections).
PagoPA ensures, through participating Payment Service Providers (hereinafter PSP), the reception of electronic payments addressed to the public administrations in a safe and reliable way.
- "Paga Ora": immediate payment by a credit/debit or prepaid card, bank transfer (if the bank is enabled for the operation) or other electronic payment channels (e.g. Paypal, Satispay, etc.). If you decide to pay by card, you can choose a PSP different from your credit card, just verify that the correct circuit (Visa, MasterCard, ecc.) has been selected;
To make your payment:
- access to the PagoPA system with a SPID account or with your PagoPA account (you can create your own account using your email address);
- choose the payment method (credit card or others);
- choose the PSP among the available ones.
Then you will be redirected to another webpage (AgID “Agenzia per l’Italia Digitale”) in order to complete the payment by following the instructions.
- "Scarica bollettino"/"Download the bill" (a .pdf file). You can make your payment:
- through the online/offline channels of the banks and other PSPs;
- through your own home banking (look for the CBILL or PagoPA logos);
- at public establishments (for example bars, tobacconists, stationeries and newsstands) authorized to collect PagoPA payments in cash or by credit/debit card;
- at the bank offices specified in the list of PSPs enabled for PagoPA.
Please note: once the payment has been completed, it is necessary to re-enter the application form and send it definitively. The application form cannot be sent until the payment of the contribution has been confirmed. Considering that the payment confirmation may not be immediate, it is advisable to complete the payment procedure well in advance of the deadline for the application submission.
For the updated list of the participating Payment Service Providers (PSP) check the webpage https://www.pagopa.gov.it/it/prestatori-servizi-di-pagamento/elenco-PSP-attivi/.
The PSP may charge you an additional fee/commission: each PSP exposes its payment costs, so you can check in advance and choose a/the payment channel according to your needs.
Once the payment procedure is completed, a communication regarding the outcome of the transaction will be sent to your mailbox used for the PagoPA registration.