Starting from the academic year 2023- 2024 the University of Trento joins the UNICORE Project (UNI-versity CO-rridors for RE-fugees) providing 1 scholarship for a refugee residing in Kenya, Niger, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia or Zimbabwe. The Project is promoted by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and aimed at offering young refugees, who are often unable to continue their studies in the host country, the opportunity to obtain a visa for study purposes in Italy.
The selected incoming student will count on different benefits; they will have the tuition fee waived, will receive a monthly scholarship, will benefit from orientation and academic tutoring activities, accommodation, free provincial transportation and legal assistance among others.
These benefits are offered in concert with a wide network of local and national partners, in particular Centro Astalli Trento and Caritas.
More information on the UNICORE 5.0 Project.
Perspective students can apply for one of the following Master’s Degrees:
- Behavioural and Applied Economics
- International Management
- Sociology and Social Research
- Data Science
- European and International Studies
- Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence Systems
- Materials Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Management and Industrial Systems Engineering
- Cellular and Molecular Biotechnology
- Quantitative and Computational Biology
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Cognitive Science
- Agrifood Innovation Management
The application for academic year 2023-2024 is open to candidates who:
- Are residing in Kenya, Niger, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe and have obtained the refugee status in these countries in collaboration with UNHCR;
- Hold a qualification valid for admission to the chosen Second Cycle Degree Programme;
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 or equivalent according to the conversion table issued by the Italian Ministry of Education: "Tabella di conversione dei titoli stranieri" (available here below);
- Have been awarded a Bachelor’s Degree not earlier than 2017;
- Meet the specific admission requirements of the Second cycle degree programme, detailed in the Call for Applications;
- Have never before been enrolled in a degree program at any of the Partner Universities of the UNICORE Project;
- Proficiency in the English language (level B2).
Admission will be granted through a selection process.
Call for applications - UNICORE 5.0
The possibility to apply for the UNICORE 5.0 Project for the academic year 2023-2024 is closed.
Find below the call for applications, English and Italian versions:
Outcomes Phase I and final ranking
In this section you will find the assessment of the qualifications.
In this section you will find date and times of selection interviews for the candidates admitted to Phase 2.
Outcomes Phase II
In this section you will find the assessments of Phase II and the final ranking
For any enquiry, please contact refugees [at] unitn.it.