In order to strengthen relations with non-European partner universities, teaching and research staff employed by UniTrento (personale strutturato) can spend a mobility period at a partner university with which UniTrento has already signed a bilateral agreement.
Beneficiaries: Teaching and research staff employed by UniTrento (personale strutturato).
Destinations: Non-European Universities that have signed a Bilateral Agreement with UniTrento (the list of UniTrento partner universities is available in the Download Box).
Duration: According to the mobility project.
Funding: Expenses are covered on the basis of UniTrento internal rules (Regolamento Missioni di Ateneo) up to € 2.500 per person per trip, regardless of the destination and duration. This initiative is limited to a maximum of 20 mobilities per year, starting from a date to be determined.
Application: UniTrento academic staff should send an email to the International Relations Division (international [at] unitn.it) specifying the location, period, and motivation for the mobility, in addition to attaching the authorization of the Department Director.
- due to the global COVID-19 emergency, the call for applications to visit extra-EU partner universities has been temporarily cancelled and will reopen as soon as possible.
Selection: Applications, already authorized by the Director of the Academic Structure, must be supported by a detailed project which will be judged by a specific Commission.
Priority will be given to mobility projects presenting the following features:
- aimed at promoting new UniTrento student and PhD mobility at universities where this is not already active;
- present new educational or research methods aimed at enriching or expanding existing collaboration (such as double degrees, co- tutelle de thesis);
- have an adequate balance between the proposed destinations and the academic structure;
- professors or researchers who present a project for the first time.
It is possible to apply for mobility to University destinations that have not received the official interest of the Department to which the staff member belongs.
For a mobility period longer than 30 days it is necessary to obtain the approval of the staff member's Department Council (art.5 §3 University Mission Regulation).
The initiative is not compatible with periods of study or research leave already authorized by the respective Academic Structures.